SwansAid winners announced
The first round of SwansAid winners for the 2017-18 season have been decided on with the Community Trust donating nearly £14,000 in grants.
After applying for funding through the club’s grant-giving pot – SwansAid – the following sporting clubs and organisations will be presented with the funds in the coming weeks.
- ASDES - £1,500 to fund monthly social and physical activity sessions for people with autism and their carers.
- CETMA - £1660.09 to help them establish a walking football league in Llanelli.
- Peniel Junior Football Club - £2,000 to fund the development of an under-12 football team, including new resources and education for coaches.
- URDD Gobaith Cymru - £1,665.65 to put towards an URDD netball club at Olchfa for KS2 and KS3 participants.
- Volcano Theatre - £1,981.24 for a climbing wall, boulders, bikes and crash mats.
- Swansea Storm - £5,000 to be used for a Junior Development Project that includes coach ed and court time for participants in a wheelchair.
Following the announcement, the Community Trust’s head of community, Helen Elton, said: “The Trust is delighted to announce that another group of organisations have been awarded SwansAid funding.
“These grants will be put towards a variety of uses including purchasing new equipment and funding new projects.”
Now in its fifth year, SwansAid has distributed over £140,000 to a variety of charities and community organisations across South West Wales to help them develop – and to support – opportunities for young people, children and those with disabilities in sport.
For more information about SwansAid, please contact Helen Elton at Helen@scfccommunitytrust.co.uk