Vacancy: Academy Education Administrator
21st August 2015
Swansea City AFC have an exciting job opportunity for an organised and enthusiastic Education Administrator to work within its Academy structure.
The role will require the individual to provide administrative support to the Head of Education and to coordinate the Academy's Education Programme. The ideal candidate will ensure that the Academy's educational provision reflects the strategy and performance targets identified in the Club's Academy Performance Plan.
General duties include:
• To play a key role in liaising with any partner agency involved in the Education of players.
• To manage any appropriate data-base systems related to safeguarding children in line with the EPPP and Data Protection Legislation.
• To respond to requests from parents, players, The Academy Manager or partner Education Providers regarding the Educational progress of the player.
• Contribute (with regard to students' non-football development) to the production of the Academy's written reports on students.
• Maintain appropriate education support for all Academy players
• Manage and facilitate the School Day Release Programme
• To build and maintain links with current education providers and associated partners and stakeholders such as parents, Local Education Authorities (LEAs), educational agencies and schools/teacher contacts of the Academy scholars and schoolboys.
• Provide written reports on the educational progress of young players in conjunction with the Head of Education for the Academy Manager.
• To manage and support the Academy Manager in the release of any youth player if required.
• To represent the Football Club at any education workshops or training delivered by the Premier League, FA or FL or other specified training agencies.
• To liaise closely with the Academy Head of Education and Welfare in respect of all administrative and logistical arrangements required to deliver a comprehensive Education and Welfare programme.
Essential skills and qualities:
• Educated to higher education level with a minimum of 5 GCSE's or equivalent
• Ability to relate effectively across different age groups
• IT skills to include a high level of competency using Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint skills
• Creative and engaging presentation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills - must be a consistent team performer
• Good overall level of numeracy and literacy
• Highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
• A high level of confidentiality
If you believe you have the right mix of skills for this position please forward your CV to email@example.com or Swansea City AFC HR Department, Liberty Stadium, Swansea SA1 2FA
The closing date for all applications will be Friday, August 28, 2015.
Swansea City AFC is an equal opportunities employer. The Club does not tolerate less favourable treatment of any employee or job applicant on any ground, including but not limited to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The Company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people involved in activities and event at the Company. As part of the Company's recruitment and selection process any offers of work involving working in regulated activity with children are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS Disclosure and barred list check (depending on the level of supervision, frequency and nature of contact with children). Appropriate references are also required.
Due to a high demand in applications the Club will be unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.