Past meetings: Huddersfield v Swans

7th March 2018

​​​​​​​As the Swans get set to face Huddersfield in the Premier League on Saturday (3pm), we look back at some previous encounters between the clubs.

Here we recall previous encounters in League One and Division Two.


Huddersfield 0 Swans 1

League One – March 1, 2008

The Swans last played at Huddersfield almost exactly a decade ago – and they enjoyed the long trip north.

Jason Scotland scored the only goal to keep Roberto Martinez’s stylish Swans side top of League One.

The Trinidad & Tobago striker stabbed the ball home from close range after Alan Tate flicked on a corner.

The season would end with the Swans winning the title in style, as they claimed a record points haul after victory at Brighton on the final day.


Huddersfield 3 Swans 2

League One – December 30, 2006

Lee Trundle was in the spotlight as the Swans lost in agonising fashion at Huddersfield in 2006.

The Scouse star put Kenny Jackett’s team in front early on from the penalty spot after Ian Craney was fouled, then doubled their lead when he rifled home following good work from Rory Fallon.

Terriers boss Peter Jackson was sent to the stands, but his mood was brightened by his team’s stunning comeback in the last quarter of the game.

Jon Worthington pulled one back before Pawel Abbott – a future Swans striker – levelled with 15 minutes to go.

Abbott then struck a late winner from the spot after Marcos Painter was penalised.

To compound the Swans’ misery, Trundle was sent off right at the end.

The season also finished in agonising fashion as the Swans were beaten by Barnsley in the play-off final.


Huddersfield 1 Swans 2

Division Two – September 19, 1992

The Swans did not have a great deal of joy at Huddersfield’s old Leeds Road home, but Frank Burrows’s class of ’92 did have a good day in West Yorkshire.

The visitors, who included the likes of Roger Freestone, Des Lyttle, Keith Walker and John Cornforth in their team, had to work hard to keep Huddersfield out in the first half.

But the Swans grew into the contest and went ahead just after the hour through Colin West.

Andy Legg then doubled the lead on 71 minutes before Welshman Iwan Roberts pulled one back for the hosts.

Burrows’s team would reach the play-offs that season, but lost out to West Brom.